Your Blue Mountains adventure begins with an early 7.30 am departure from your Sydney hotel, which gets you to your first stop at Featherdale Wildlife Park before the big crowds. Wander the genuine bush setting and get up close and personal with over 2000 of Australia’s unique native animals. Take a picture with a Koala, feed a Kangaroos and meet “Happy” the Emu.
Continue on to the the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains, and enjoy one of the most spectacular views of the Jamieson Valley at Lincoln’s Rock. Your guide will accompany you on a bush walk through the temperate rain forest to see majestic waterfall. Learning about the native plants and watch out for some of the abundant wildlife.
No visit to the Blue Mountains would be complete without a stop for the best views of the famous Three Sisters. If you are feeling adventurous you can climb down the Giant Stairway to get within touching distance of this amazing rock formation. Hear about the Aboriginal legends of the area, and learn about their culture and history.
Explore the delightful charms of the village of Leura with its Ye Olde Candy Store, Delectable Fudge Shop, Famous Tea Pot Museum, Art Gallery and Craft Shops.
Enjoy a delicious lunch at one of the local restaurants. (own expense)
After a unique and breath taking trip in the rugged Aussie bush, relax on the drive back down the mountains. And if you’re a sporting aficionado, take the opportunity to visit Sydney Olympic Park, home of Sydney’s 2000 Olympic Games.
Finally, your professional guide will return you to your Sydney CBD hotel between 5 – 5.30 pm.
- Private full-day tour to the Blue Mountains, from Sydney
- Learn about the history and wildlife of the Blue Mountains National Park
- See spectacular locales including the Jamison Valley, Three Sisters and the rain forest
- Stop for lunch in Leura or Katoomba
- Have the option to take one of the famous rides at Scenic World
- Get up close to the animals at Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Hear informative commentary from the professional guide
- Travel in comfort in an air-conditioned private vehicle
- Trip Name: Blue Mountains Private Day Tour Including Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Trip Code: TL-35-222
- Country: Australia
- Type: Private Tour,Day Tour
- Activities: Sightseeing Tours,Day Trips
- Starting Point: Sydney City Hotel or other central location with 10km of the city centre
- Ending Point: Sydney City Hotel or other central location with 10km of the city centre
- Multi-Language Guide: English,French,German,Chinese,Japanese,Korean,Italian
What to expect ?
Explore the stunning World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park on your own private day tour. The Three Sisters rock formation is a sight you must see at least once in your lifetime. Walk the bush tracks into the cool, temperate rainforest. Discover the sublime waterfalls, native wildlife and unusual plants. Learn about Aboriginal culture and their ancient legends. Get up close and pat a koala and feed a kangaroo at Featherdale Wildlife Park.
Visit the famous Three Sisters rock formation, and stroll the bush tracks and discover waterfalls, native wildlife and learn about Aboriginal culture. Get up close and meet a koala and feed a kangaroo at Featherdale Wildlife Park.
- Featherdale Wildlife Park fee
- National Parks fee
- Expert Commentary from a professional guide
- Pickup and dropoff from your city hotel
- Flexible Itinerary
- Bottled Water
- Child Car seats if needed
- Food and Drinks
- Gratuities and Tips
You may like to choose one of our popular optional extras. Please let you guide know on the day and they will be able to arrange this for you.
Scenic World Rides - $39 per person
With unlimited rides on its three attractions. Fly high above the Jamieson Valley on the Scenic Skyway; travel down the world’s steepest railway and stroll along the valley floor, before taking the Cableway back to the top of the valley. This is $39 per person and you can pay your guide on the day and they will arrange this for you.
Ferry Trip under the Sydney Harbour Bridge - $10 per person
Instead of driving all the way back to the city in traffic, choose to enjoy a tranquil 45 minute Ferry Ride back along the Parramatta River. Cruise under the Harbour Bridge, past the Sydney Opera House and into Circular Quay where you can wander this vibrant district as you make your own way back to your hotel.
All transfers are included in your tour. You will be picked up and dropped from your city hotel or another central location within 10 km of the Sydney city centre, unless you choose to take the ferry back to Circular Quay.
The Blue Mountains are about 5 degrees Celsius cooler than Sydney, so be sure to bring a jacket, solid footwear and sun screen. The weather is beyond our control, and your tour will run in all weather conditions.