3 Nights & 4 Days Bhutan Tour is an interesting tour of Bhutan with days filled witnessing the age-old Bhutanese culture and traditions and exploring it’s many ancient monasteries and shrines. The tour extends into discovering the natural beauty of the Dragon Kingdom and spotting some of the beautiful snow-capped mountains of the world. Paro is filled with it’s own unique colors and traditions and witnessing Mt. Jhomolhari from the Drukyel Dzong. Observe Paro’s spectacular landscapes from Ta Dzong and hike up to the Taktsang Monastery, also popularly known as ‘Tiger’s Nest’, perched on a vertical cliff. Visit Thimphu where legendary monasteries and coveted cultural landmarks are located. Watch the day to day lives of Bhutanese people and explore their craftsmanship by strolling round the streets of tiny capital - Thimphu. After a scenic flight over the high Himalayas towards the lush green valley of Paro, the tour begins with driving to Thimphu. 3 Nights & 4 Days Bhutan Tour is the quick and exhilarating tour of Bhutan covering the major highlights of the Dragon Kingdom.
- Explore simple country of Bhutan located high up in the mountains.
- Witness spectacular bird’s eye view of the world’s tallest mountains onboard flight in/out of Paro.
- Explore city of Paro exploding with colors and tradition.
- Enjoy city tour of the tiny capital - Thimphu.
- Hike to Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’- one of the most famous monasteries in Bhutan
- Witness Bhutanese culture, tradition and lifestyles.
- Trip Name: Enter The Dragon Tour
- Trip Code: TL-21-16
- Country: Bhutan
- Type: Private Tour, Multi-day Tour
- Activities: sightseeing-tours
- Starting Point: Paro International Airport, Bhutan
- Ending Point: Paro International Airport, Airport Road, Paro, 12001, Paro, Bhutan
What to expect ?
Witness spectacular bird’s eye view of the world’s tallest mountains onboard flight in/out of Paro. Explore city of Paro exploding with colors and tradition and enjoy city tour of the tiny capital - Thimphu. Witness Bhutanese culture, tradition and lifestyles and hike to Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’- one of the most famous monasteries in Bhutan.
Day 01: Arrival at Paro (By Druk air) – Transfer to Thimphu.
Your 3 Nights 4 Days Bhutan Tour starts with the flight into Paro on our national carrier, Druk Air, is a befitting introduction to the spectacular beauty of our country. In clear weather, magnificent views of the world’s highest peaks give way to the lush green Paro valley as you land. First gift from Bhutan will be the cool, clean fresh air as you step out of the plane. After clearing customs and visa control you will be brief by our guide and transferred to Paro town for lunch. After lunch, we will visit Ta Dzong, an ancient watchtower that is now known as the National Museum (converted in 1968). The museum boasts antique thangka, textiles, weapons and armor, household objects and rich assortment of natural and historic artifacts. We will also visit the Rimpung Dzong, built in the 17th century to defend the valley against Tibetan invaders. The Dzong is now used as an administration centre and school for monks. We then depart for Thimphu, the modern capital of Bhutan. The drive will take around 1.5hours. Thimphu has a population of about 100,000. The town is made up of just three lines of shops and is the only capital in the world without traffic lights. Later in the evening visit Handicrafts Emporium, this has all types of Bhutanese handicrafts for sale. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing – Paro.
After breakfast drive to visit National Memorial Chorten with its golden spines shining in the sun, its tinkling bells built in honor of third King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. Institute of Traditional Medicine, where old healing arts such as acupuncture and herbal remedies are still practiced. Also visit the Folk Heritage Museum, which is dedicated to connecting people to the Bhutanese rural past through exhibition of items and artifacts used in rural households, Textile Museum, where the art of traditional weaving is still kept alive and preserved through exhibition and has a good collection of old textiles which are rich in its color and design. One can also visit the Buddha point one of the biggest statue and Motithang Mini-Zoo (home of the bizarre Takin, the national animal). Visit the Weekly Outdoor Market, if it falls on (Friday, Saturday & Sunday), where everyone goes to buy fruits and vegetables, rice, grains, chilies and other fresh foods. The crowded stalls offer many colorful local items such as yak tail dusters, butter tea cups, turquoise from Nepal and Tibet and musical instrument. Later drive back to Paro via confluence. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Paro – Hike to Taktsang Monastery.
Continuing 3 Nights 4 Days Bhutan Tour, in the morning we drive to the base camp of Taktsang to start the hike up to the Taktsang monastery (Tiger’s nest). The hike up to the cafeteria will take around 2 hrs. At the view point, you will enjoy the stunning view of the monastery, where Guru Padmasambhava landed on the back of a tigress in the 8th century. We then walk back to the road point and drive to the winding road to the Drukgyal Dzong, the ruined fort, which was once defended this valley from Tibetan invasions, and also visit a Bhutanese farm house of a local family at Drukgyal for a close up view of everyday Bhutanese life. Later drive to visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan. In the evening take a walk around the main street of Paro’s main shopping district. Dinner and overnight at hotel
Day 04: Paro – Depart (By Druk Air)
Your 3 Nights 4 Days Bhutan Tour terminates today so after breakfast your representative will help you with the exit formalities and bid you farewell and wish you happy journey back home.
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Monuments entrance fees where applicable
- Drinking water
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable development fee of $65. (This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off by private vehicle.
- Bhutan visa fee – including all necessary processing
- 3-star accommodation (4 & 5 stars may require an additional premium).
- All land transportation by private vehicle
- Route Permit
- Three meals per day during your stay in Bhutan
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide
- Expenses of personal nature, Tips to guides and drivers
- Airfare & Travel Insurance
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
Images by Travellers
Have you travelled with us? Share your experiences.
During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factor, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered. We will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy going nature will be an asset!