2 Nights & 3 Days Bhutan Tour is the one-stop excursion and visits the major highlights of the city of Paro with it’s colorful culture and traditions. The tour features age-old Bhutanese art & culture visiting some of the most popular, religious and historical monasteries, shrines and fortresses located in Paro. Visit to the Taktsang Monastery also popularly known as ‘Tiger’s Nest’ perched in a hillside is the most interesting feature of the tour. The tour begins upon arrival at the Paro after a scenic flight over the world’s greatest Himalayan peaks and landing the green valley of Paro. On the course of the tour other important landmarks in Paro are visited such as Ta Dzong, Kyichu Lhakhang and Rinpung Dzong. The tour is quick insight of witnessing Bhutanese art and tradition within a short span of time.
- Discover Bhutan, a simple country located high up in the mountains.
- Witness spectacular bird’s eye view of the Himalayas on-board flight in/out from Paro witnessing the greatest mountains series of the world.
- Explore colorful city of Paro with age-old tradition.
- Hike toTaktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’ perched in a vertical cliff.
- Discover the ruins of Drukgyal Dzong.
- Visit Kyichu Lhakhang - the oldest & most sacred shrines in Bhutan.
- Witness Bhutanese culture, tradition and lifestyles
- Trip Name: Explore Bhutan Tour
- Trip Code: TL-21-8
- Country: Bhutan
- Type: Private Tour, Multi-day Tour
- Activities: sightseeing-tours
- Starting Point: Paro International Airport, Bhutan
- Ending Point: Paro International Airport, Airport Road, Paro, 12001, Paro, Bhutan
What to expect ?
Catch spectacular bird’s eye view of the Himalayas on-board flight in/out from Paro witnessing the greatest mountains series of the world. Explore colorful city of Paro with age-old tradition and hike to Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’ perched in a vertical cliff and discover Bhutanese culture and Tradition.
Day 01: Arrival at Paro (By Druk air) – Transfer to Thimphu.
Your 2 Nights 3 Days Bhutan Tour starts with the flight into Paro on our national carrier, Druk Air, is a befitting introduction to the spectacular beauty of our country. In clear weather, magnificent views of the world’s highest peaks give way to the lush green Paro valley as you land. First gift from Bhutan will be the cool, clean fresh air as you step out of the plane. After clearing customs and visa control you will be brief by our guide and transferred to Thimphu.. Visit National Memorial Chorten with its golden spines shining in the sun, its tinkling bells built in honor of third King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck.. One can also visit the Buddha point one of the biggest statue and Motithang Mini-Zoo (home of the bizarre Takin, the national animal). Visit the Weekly Outdoor Market, if it falls on (Friday, Saturday & Sunday), where everyone goes to buy fruits and vegetables, rice, grains, chilies and other fresh foods. The crowded stalls offer many colorful local items such as yak tail dusters, butter tea cups, turquoise from Nepal and Tibet and musical instrument.. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing – Paro.
Continuing the 2 Nights 3 Days Bhutan Tour, after breakfast drive to Paro via confluence. we drive to the base camp of Taktsang to start the hike up to the Taktsang monastery (Tiger’s nest). The hike up to the cafeteria will take around 1 hr. At the view point, you will enjoy the stunning view of the monastery, where Guru Padmasambhava landed on the back of a tigress in the 8th century. We then walk back to the road point and drive to visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan. In the evening take a walk around the main street of Paro’s main shopping district. Dinner and overnight at hotel
Day 03: Paro – Depart (By Druk Air)
Your 2 Nights 3 Days Bhutan Tour terminates today so after breakfast your representative will help you with the exit formalities and bid you farewell and wish you happy journey back home.
- Route Permit
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide
- Three meals per day during your stay in Bhutan
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- All land transportation by private vehicle
- Monuments entrance fees where applicable
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Drinking water
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable development fee of $65. (This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.)
- Bhutan visa fee – including all necessary processing
- 3-star accommodation (4 & 5 stars may require an additional premium).
- Airport pick-up and drop-off by private vehicle.
- Airfare & Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature, Tips to guides and drivers
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factor, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered. We will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy going nature will be an asset!