First, our destination will be the town Dedoplistskaro, where is located Vashlovani national park visitors center. National park’s main attractions are pretty far from the town, but we will visit two important places, located very close to town – Eagle canyon, with its amazing views of Alazani valley. In different seasons it has different attractions. This place is loved by birdwatchers. Also in spring, you can enjoy many different colored flowers.
Khornabuji fortress used to have a strategically very important place. It belongs to the V century. The fortress is located on the steep rock and looks very impressive in all weather conditions. It is very hard to climb.
The next destination will be Bodbe nunnery. Place where saint Nino of Kabadokia, one of the most respected saints in Georgia had passed away. Nunnery is located near Signagi, in a beautiful place. The main church is dated by the XI century and has very interesting medieval wall paintings.
The last destination will be the cozy late medieval town Signagi. Optionally we will recommend eating lunch and taste wine at famous Okro’s winery. Here you will try the finest Kakhetian organic wines and the best food in the region, also enjoy a fantastic view from the terrace. Signagi is a wonderful and romantic town to walk in its narrow streets. Optionally is possible to visit a local museum, where is a collection of paintings of famous Georgian painter Niko Pirosmani.
After a nice walk in the town, we will return to Tbilisi.
- Trip Name: Vashlovani And Signagi Day Tour
- Trip Code: VASHLOVANI-UPAJUE
- Country: Georgia
- Type: Private Tour,Day Tour,Day Tour,Private Tour,Day Tour,Private Tour
- Activities: PRIVATE CAR TOURS ,WINE TASTING
- Experiences: Foods ,Nature
- Starting Point: Makhata II Dead End, T'bilisi, Georgia
- Ending Point: 29/218 Giorgi Gedevanishvili St, T'bilisi, Georgia
What to expect ?
- Eagle canyon
- Khornabuji fortress
- Bodbe monastery
- Signagi town
- 9:00 Meeting at your hotel, drive to Dedoplistskaro.
- 11:00 arrival to Dedoplistskaro, visit Khornabuji fortress.
- 11:45 Visit Eagle canyon.
- 13:00 Drive to Bodbe monastery.
- 13:30 Arrival to Signagi. Time for lunch.
- 14:30 Vine tasting at Okro's
- 15:15 Visit museum.
- 16:00 Time to walk around Signagi.
- 18:00 Departure to Tbilisi
- 20:00 Return to Tbilisi.
- Driver/guide service
- Wine tasting
- Museum entrance fee.
- Any personal expenses
Where to meet ?
At your hotel.
- Tour is suitable for everyone.
- Possible to arrange all the year.
- Please wear walking shoes.
- Expect similar weather as in Tbilisi.
- Price includes transport, driver/guide service, Lunch, wine tasting, museum entrance fee.
- Price doesn’t include Any personal expenses, tips.