- Vashlovani and Signagi day tour takes place in south Kakheti, small historical region known as Kiziki - the very south-east on Georgia.
- We will visit two towns - Dedoplistskaro - which is gateway to visit Vashlovani national park and cozy beautiful town Signagi.
- Vashlovani national park itself is really big one, stretched along south-east corner of Georgia, bordering Azerbaijan.
- We will visit only places which are close from the town - Khornabuji fortress - dated back to V century and natural monument Eagle canyon, which is favorite place for nature lovers and bird watchers.
- Later we will leave Dedoplistskaro and continue to Bodbe monastery, which is located next from Signagi.
- Last our destination will be town Signagi. Here we will have wine tasting, and visit local museum, also enough free time to walk around the town and its famous city walls,
- Eagle canyon
- Khornabuji fortress
- Bodbe monastery
- Signagi town
What to expect ?
First our destination will be town Dedoplistskaro, where is located Vashlovani national park visitors center. National park’s main attractions are pretty far from the town, but we will visit two important places, located very close from town – Eagle canyon, with it’s amazing views to Alazani valley. In different seasons it has different attractions. This place is loved by birdwatchers. Also in spring you can enjoy many different colored flowers.
Khornabuji fortress used to have strategically very important place. It belongs to V century. Fortress is located on the steep rock and looks very impressive in all weather conditions. It is very hard to climb it.
The next destination will be Bodbe nunnery. Place where saint Nino of Kabadokia, one of the most respected saints in Georgia had passed away. Nunnery is located near Signagi, in beautiful place. The main church is dated by XI century and has very interesting medieval wall paintings.
The last destination will be cozy late medieval town Signagi. Optionally we will recommend to eat lunch and taste wine at famous Okro’s winery. Here you will try finest Kakhetian organic wines and the best food in region, also enjoy fantastic view from terrace. Signagi is wonderful and romantic town to walk in its narrow streets. Optionally is possible to visit local museum, where is collection of paintings of famous Georgian painter Niko Pirosmani.
After nice walk in the town, we will return to Tbilisi.
9:00 Meeting at your hotel, drive to Dedoplistskaro.
11:00 arrival to Dedoplistskaro, visit Khornabuji fortress.
11:45 Visit Eagle canyon.
13:00 Drive to Bodbe monastery.
13:30 Arrival to Signagi. Time for lunch.
14:30 Vine tasting at Okro's
15:15 Visit museum.
16:00 Time to walk around Signagi.
18:00 Departure to Tbilisi
20:00 Return to Tbilisi.
Price includes: Transport, driver/guide service, Lunch, wine tasting, museum entrance fee.
Price doesn’t include:Any personal expenses, tips.
Where to meet ?
At your hotel
- Tour is suitable for everyone.
- Possible to arrange all year.
- Please wear walking shoes.
- Expect similar weather as in Tbilisi.
- Price includes: Transport, driver/guide service, Lunch, wine tasting, museum entrance fee.
- Price doesn’t include:Any personal expences, tips.