Petra was only recently rediscovered by the western world. Recently it has been named one of the seven wonders of the world. Entering Petra through the Siq you will soon see why. The first look at the Treasury is astounding. The workmanship and the sheer size of the Treasury will amaze you. There is much to see in Petra, many more facades, tombs, a Roman theater, caves where they once buried the dead and prayed over them, and much more. At one time the Nabateans controlled all of the water in the area, see the great water cisterns that they built.
A one day tour to Petra from Eilat at 08:00.
Pick up from the hotel.
Drive to the border.
Arrive at Petra about 10:30.
Tour the Treasury, the mourning halls, the tombs, the caves, the temples, and much more. There are about 5 hours of touring with your personal guide. After visiting Petra you will have lunch at a local restaurant with an extensive selection of oriental dishes. Sightseeing tour in Aqaba and return to Israel.
Estimated time of return to Eilat is 19:00
What to expect ?
- Tour Petra with a private guide.
- Tour at your own pace, see more or less, it is up to you.
- See the Treasury, the facades, the temples, the tombs, and much more.
- The tour includes transportation, entry fees, lunch, and the guide.
08:30 - Pick up from the hotel
09:00 - Cross to Jordan
11:00 - Start tour in Petra
15:00 - Lunch
17:00 - Drive back to Israeli border
19:00 - Cross to Israel
- Transportation, a driver will pick you up from your hotel, assist you at the border.
- Tour Guide
- Entrance fees
- Border tax,tips,personal expenses, and private insurance.
- Other languages available for an extra fee.
- We recommend that you have cash money available for border fees and tips.
- $65 border tax charge.
- Border fees may change due to currency rate changes.
- Health Insurance.
- Visa fee
Where to meet ?
Pick up from Eilat hotel.
- Restricted nationalities need to arrange a visa from the Jordan embassy in advance.
- For restricted nationalities, additional tax will apply - 15 $ per person.
- This private tour includes a private local guide during the tour in the Petra site.