Learn how to make authentic Japanese sushi from a master sushi chef in Tokyo. During this unforgettable private lesson, you'll get a full picture of what it's like to be a sushi chef as you work behind the sushi counter, wearing an actual chef's uniform, at a famous Tsukiji restaurant established more than 90 years ago! Enjoy your creations for lunch (plus a couple of pieces made by the master chef) while listening to sushi secrets, conveniently translated by a fluent guide. You even get to keep the chef's uniform and a few other souvenirs.
Who doesn’t think of sushi when thinking of Japan? Use this opportunity and make your stay in Japan unforgettable with an unique experience making sushi!
What to expect ?
Private sushi cooking lesson with sushi masters, followed by a sushi lunch prepared by yourself with some pieces made by the chefs.
Your Tokyo sushi experience starts with hotel pickup by your guide, who leads you by public transportation to the restaurant in Tsukiji. Once you arrive, your private lesson begins with meeting the master chefs and putting on your chef's apron and hat.
The chefs who guide you through the sushi-making process are masters of their craft and trained diligently for many years before they were allowed to even serve customers. Not only will you learn authentic sushi craftsmanship from an expert professional, you will also enjoy the incredibly rare experience of actually stepping behind the sushi counter to make your sushi from the point of view of a real chef.
Follow your chefs through a number of different traditional nigiri sushi, using the freshest of raw fish acquired earlier that day from the famous Tsukiji fish market. Unlike much of the sushi found abroad, this is 'real deal' sushi from a renowned Tokyo restaurant with nearly a century of history behind it. Finish your lesson by choosing one hand roll to make (avocado, tuna or crab), and then move to the table to enjoy your creations, accompanied by miso soup and a couple of sushi pieces made by one of the chefs.
During your meal, the chef and your guide, who acts as a translator, will tell you about the history of sushi and secrets of the trade, and can answer any questions you have. In addition to the white chef's coat and hat that are yours to take home, you will receive a fan, a traditional yunomi teacup and a group photo with which to commemorate this memorable experience.
- One non-alcoholic drink
- Souvenir chef's paper uniform, fan, teacup and group photo
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- One-way subway transport to the restaurant
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- This cooking class uses raw seafood, so please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- Adult pricing applies to all participants
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- For safety reasons, children between the ages of 5-7 are not allowed behind the sushi counter. Instead, you will be able to enjoy making sushi in front of the counter where there is more space
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.