ABC Trek & fly out by Helicopter is just the ideal program to witness the magical beauty of the snow-capped mountains of Nepal. This program also gives the opportunity to explore the Annapurna region hiking along the popular ABC trail and upon reaching the base camp of Mt. Annapurna, fly back to Kathmandu on helicopter. Along the trail enjoy the flora, fauna of the beautiful Annapurna region and witness the culture and traditions passing along the high mountain settlements. ABC heli tour is a popular and luxury package, and allows experiencing the great Himalayas from a closer proximity. Majestic views of the mountains are on the list like Annapurna Himal, Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna ll, Ganagapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhre arranged almost precisely in a circle about 10 miles in diameter with a deep glacier-covered amphitheater at the center. The Modi Khola knifes its way south in a narrow gorge fully 12,000 ft. deep from this glacier basin known as the Annapurna Sanctuary. Further towards the south, the gorge opens up into a wide and fertile valley where Gurung settlements are located.
Initially the tour begins with arriving in Kathmandu then flying out to Pokhara the next day. After spending a day in Pokhara, the trek starts next day with driving to Nayapul and following the popular ABC trail. After few days of trek will reach the Annapurna Base Camp and spend a night then fly back to Kathmandu on a chartered helicopter.
- Witness spectacular mountain panorama of snow-capped peaks like Annapurna Himal, Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna ll, Ganagapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhre
- Visit the Annapurna Base Camp enjoying majestic view of Mt. Annapurna
- Trek along gushing rivers, green countryside, alpine meadows, valleys, glaciers
- Explore Annapurna Conservation Area with varieties of floras and faunas
- Board spectacular helicopter flight from ABC and back to Kathmandu
- Discover the local culture & traditions of the ethnic people
- Trip Name: Annapurna Base Camp Trek Fly Out By Helicopter
- Trip Code: TL-7-1
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Private Tour,Multi-day Tour
- Activities: Hiking And Walking,Adventure Travel
- Starting Point: Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM), Ring Rd, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Ending Point: Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM), Ring Rd, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
What to expect ?
Walk through diverse landscape and culture complete with rich mountain vistas, terraced fields, quaint Gurung villages and a wide variety of flora and fauna. Poon Hill is one of the best viewpoints in this trek for a sun-rise view and mountain vista. Finding yourself in the base giant Annapurna (8091m) with 360 degree Mountain View is terrifically beautiful that is beyond your imagination, an unforgettable lifetime mountain holiday experience in Nepal.
- Pokhara - Nayapul by private vehicle.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Airport pick up / drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- First Aid medical kit.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
- Annapurna Conservation area entrance Permit and fees.
- Kathmandu - Pokhara by tourist bus (Option: flight or private vehicle)
- Farewell dinner in Authentic Nepali Restaurant.
- Domestic Airport Tax.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- Helicopter flight from ABC & back to Kathmandu.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Pokhara including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide and necessary porters (1 Porter for 2 trekkers) during the trek including their transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara if needed.
- Tips for guide and porters
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
We will provide you with comprehensive information on the every trek and tour we arrange. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information or have any questions, we are more than happy to assist you in anyway.
When to go:
Spring (February, March, April, May) and Autumn (October, November) are the best seasons for the ABC Trek & Fly-Out by Helicopter tour. The weather is sunny and warm offering outstanding views but the nights are cold and can fall to freezing in higher elevations. Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also good for ABC Trek & Fly-Out by Helicopter tour, only issue is cold (obviously). Trekking in summer/monsoon (June, July) will be affected by rain but summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist. The trekking routes are crowded during spring and autumn but during monsoon and winter the routes are not packed and you could enjoy rather best of nature.
Travel insurance is highly recommended and is in fact compulsory should you be going trekking, rafting, paragliding etc. We require that, at a minimum, you are covered for personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue, loss of luggage, etc. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. Please check with your insurance company that adventure activities and trekking above 3000m are covered in your policy, as some companies do not cover such things. You must carry proof of insurance (e.g. your insurance certificate) with you on the holiday; if you cannot provide this at the start of the holiday, you will be required to take out a suitable policy at that time.
Fitness and Experience Required:
Our 10 days ABC Trek & Fly-Out by Helicopter tour is moderate to strenuous trek suitable for passionate walkers who have ability to walk at least 4-6 hours a day with a light day pack. Walking in higher altitude is physically demanding than walking in the lower altitudes; however, if you are in excellent health with average physical fitness and have positive attitude, self confidence and strong determination, you can accomplish the 10 days ABC Trek & Fly-Out by Helicopter
successfully. Exercising and jogging regularly for some weeks prior of the trip are good idea to enhance your strength and stability. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood disease should inform us before booking the trek.