This jungle safari is a leisurely safari into one of the finest reserves in Asia, Chitwan National Park, located in the Terai belts of Nepal. The park is UNESCO world heritage site covering total area of 932 sq. km. It houses many animals, bird and plant species such as one-horned rhino, different kinds of deer, slot bears, leopards, tigers, crocodiles, monkeys.
Likewise, different species of butterflies, insects and over 450 sorts of colorful and endangered birds and great varieties of flora and fauna are the park’s prime features. Jungle safari in Chitwan is for any wildlife affectionate and also for leisurely travelers who wish to relax after a long trek or to simply unwind during their holiday. You can be involved in various activities during the visit from elephant safari to jeep drive, nature walk, bird watching, a visit to the local Tharu village and the elephant breeding center.
- Jungle Safari on Elephant spotting various wildlife, mammals & bird-spices.
- Jeep Safari, Bird Watching, Canoeing on traditional dug-out canoe.
- Visit to the Tharu village to witness local culture & tradition.
What to expect ?
- Elephant Safari, Jeep Safari to trace wild animals deep in the jungle
- Village tour of the Tharu community to see their culture & traditions
- Tharu Cultural show in the evening
Day 01: Kathmandu/Pokhara – Chitwan
Early in the morning, you shall be transferred from your hotel at 5:45 AM to the bus station for the drive to Chitwan. (The tour can begin either from Kathmandu - 5 hrs drive or Pokhara -4 hrs drive).
Upon arrival in Chitwan, you shall be escorted to lodge from the bus station where a fine lunch awaits you. After lunch, you shall join the Tharu Village Tour to get more insight of the daily lives of the locals. Visit the Elephant Stable for a short description on elephants provided by your personal naturalist and later on enjoy the beautiful sunset at the nearby Sunset Viewpoint. In the evening enjoy a cultural program of ‘Tharu Stick Dance’ performed by the local Tharu community and later on join a dinner at the lodge’s restaurant. Overnight Hotel/Resort.
Day 02: Full day at Chitwan
After breakfast, you will go for canoeing in the Rapti River on traditional dug-out canoe spotting different mammals/birds. You shall also visit the elephant breeding center and learn about the breeding process and how elephants are taken care of. Later on you are most welcome to give a little scrub to the elephant during the elephant bathing program at the nearby jungle river. After lunch, we will go on an elephant safari on the back of an elephant to trace animals in the wild accompanied by your naturalist. The day ends with a dinner at the jungle lodge’s restaurant. Overnight Hotel/Resort.
Day 03: Safari through the jungle of Chitwan
Wake-up call at dawn around 6 AM and quietly go for a little walk to spot different species of birds that the park shelters. Later on return back to the resort where breakfast will be ready. Lunch will be at noon. During the afternoon, you shall hop on a jeep and go for an exhilarating jeep drive deep in the jungle again for sightings of more animals such as monkeys, one-horned rhinos, deer, wild boars etc and even ‘Tiger’ if luck favors. Dinner will be at the restaurant in the evening. Overnight Hotel/Resort.
Day 04: Chitwan - Kathmandu/Pokhara
After your breakfast in the morning and you shall be transferred to the bus station for the drive back to Kathmandu/Pokhara at 9 AM.
- All jungle activities as per the itinerary.
- National park and conservation area permit & fees.
- Deluxe A/C Accommodation in Chitwan.
- Government Tax.
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu/Pokhara by Deluxe A/C tourist bus.
- All meals of breakfast, lunch and dinner while in Chitwan including tea and coffee.
- Highly experienced safari guide during the trip.
- Tourist service charge
- Travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects.
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.