This 3 days of jungle safari starts either from Kathmandu or Pokhara. It visits one of the popular tourist destinations, Chitwan National Park. The park is declared as UNESCO World Heritage Site and located in lowland of the ‘Terai’ plains of Nepal. It shelters 50 species of flora and 700 species of wild fauna. Jeep drive, jungle walks, bird watching and visiting the Tharu village are the main activities to spot wildlife and know the local culture during the safari program.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Chitwan National Park, UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
What to expect ?
- Elephant Safari to trace wild animals deep in the jungle
- Village tour of the Tharu community to see their culture & traditions
- Tharu Cultural show in the evening
Day 01: Kathmandu/Pokhara – Chitwan
Early in the morning, you shall be transferred from your hotel at 5:45 AM to the bus station for the drive to Chitwan. (The tour can begin either from Kathmandu - 5 hrs drive or Pokhara -4 hrs drive).
Upon arrival in Chitwan, you shall be escorted to lodge from the bus station where a fine lunch awaits you. After lunch, you shall join the Tharu Village Tour to get more insight of the daily lives of the locals. Visit the Elephant Stable for a short description on elephants provided by your personal naturalist and later on enjoy the beautiful sunset at the nearby Sunset Viewpoint. In the evening enjoy a cultural program of ‘Tharu Stick Dance’ performed by the local Tharu community and later on join a dinner at the lodge’s restaurant. Overnight Hotel/Resort.
Day 02: Full day at Chitwan
After breakfast, you will go for canoeing in the Rapti River on traditional dug-out canoe spotting different mammals/birds. You shall also visit the elephant breeding center and learn about the breeding process and how elephants are taken care of. Later on you are most welcome to give a little scrub to the elephant during the elephant bathing program at the nearby jungle river. After lunch, we will go on an elephant safari on the back of an elephant to trace animals in the wild accompanied by your naturalist. The day ends with a dinner at the jungle lodge’s restaurant. Overnight Hotel/Resort.
Day 03: Chitwan - Kathmandu/Pokhara
Wake-up call at dawn around 6 AM and quietly go for a little walk to spot different species of birds that the park shelters. Later on return back to the resort where breakfast will be ready. After your breakfast, you shall be transferred to the bus station for the drive back to Kathmandu/Pokhara at 9 AM.
- Deluxe A/C Accommodation in Chitwan.
- Government Tax.
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu/Pokhara by Deluxe A/C tourist bus.
- All jungle activities as per the itinerary.
- Tourist service charge
- National park and conservation area permit & fees.
- All meals of breakfast, lunch and dinner while in Chitwan including tea and coffee.
- Highly experienced safari guide during the trip.
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects.