Muktinath is a sacred pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhists. Hindus worship Muktinath as an incarnation of Lord Bishnu and believe that bathing in the holy water here brings salvation after death. For Buddhists, it is a site where sage guru Rinpoche meditated. There is a fete here during Janai Purnima, a Hindu festival in August when hundreds of devotees visit every year.
This trekking route is also known as Kaligandaki Valley or Lower Mustang Trek. Trekking in Kaligandaki valley offers you the experience of dramatic changes in flora and fauna, diverse landscape and culture, changes in climate zones from the temperate zone around Tukuche to the subtropical humid zone in Tatopani, drier zone Jomsom to rainy area Lete in two hours walking. Likewise windy Jomsom valley to non-windy Kaligandaki gorge in two hours walking distance.
Walking through the deepest gorge in the world, the Kaligandaki gorge, made by the Kaligandaki river in between two giants Annapurna I at 8091 m to the east and Dhaulagiri at 8167 m to the west.
What to expect ?
- An awe-inspiring lifetime experience of walking through the world’s deepest Kaligandaki gorge.
- Relax your muscles taking a bath in natural hot spring in Tatopani.
- Delight in the impressive sunrise view and the Himalayan panorama from Poonhill.
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 3: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom and Trek to Kagbeni (2804m/3hrs)
Day 4: Kagbeni to Muktinath (3800m/5hrs)
Day 5: Muktinath to Marpha (2667m/6hrs)
Day 6: Drive from Marpha to Tatopani (1189m/7hrs)
Day 7: Tatopani to Ghorepani (2850m/6hrs)
Day 8: Sunrise at Poonhill - Trek back to Nayapul - Drive to Pokhara
Day 9: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 10: Departure
- Pickup and drop from and to airport by private vehicle.
- Hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara on BB plan.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- All standard meal during the trek (B/L/D).
- All twin sharing accommodation in lodges during the trek.
- Government license holder English speaking local guide.
- The required number of local staff and Porters to carry your luggage and to assist you during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all trekking staffs.
- Annapurna Conservation Area (ACA) entry fee and TIMS Card fee.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Broad Adventure (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Pokhara to Jomsom flight
- All other office expenses and government taxes
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu, Pokhara and other major cities.
- Travel Insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Where to meet ?
We will provide you meeting location after reservation is confirmed.
Trip starts and ends in Kathmandu.