Nagarkot is the Himalayan view-point closer to the Kathmandu just 32 km from the city. It is the most popular destination to witness some great mountain panorama such as Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal, Sisapangma, Manaslu, Gauri Shanker and even Mt. Everest which can be spotted in a clear day. The trek to Nagarkot is also on easy trails with passing along small villages, farmlands, rivers, lush green forests. This is the most suitable trek that can be done within the Kathmandu valley and with a short span of time. The trek starts after driving to Sundarijal from Kathmandu city and trek to Chisapani for an overnight stay. Then the next day proceed to Nagarkot. The trek ends the other day with hiking down from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan , the oldest temple built around 323 AD, and eventually drive back to Kathmandu.
- Easy hiking around the Kathmandu Valley.
- Witness spectacular sunrise & sunset views over the Himalayas from Nagarkot.
- Observe majestic views of Gauri Shanker, Langtang including Mt. Everest.
- Varieties of flora & fauna along the hiking trail.
What to expect ?
- Spectacular Himalayan views including of Mt. Everest in a clear weather
- Easy hiking trail inside the Kathmandu Valley
- Witness peaceful countryside just outskirts of Kathmandu City
- Transportations from Kathmandu – Sundarijal and Changu Narayan - Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- Highly experienced, helpful and friendly Government licensed guide, porter (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, transportation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- Duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek
- First aid medical kit
- Government taxes & service charge
- Travel insurance
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, and internet
- Shivapuri National Park & Changu Narayan Entry fee
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
If the suggested itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.