- This Lake has been a popular destination with a very rough route in Western Nepal for trekkers.
- The best way to visit there would be by our package Rara Lake Heli Tour.
- The view of the snow capped Himalayan peaks enhances the attraction of trekkers.
- Air is the only mode of transportation for the tourists visiting this Lake.
- Our Rara Lake Heli Tour package is considered one of the most preferred ways to visit this place.
- Trip Name: Rara Lake Helicopter Tour
- Trip Code: RARA-JUTCTN
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Day Tour
- Activities: HELICOPTER TOUR
- Starting Point: Your Hotel in Kathmandu
- Ending Point: Your Hotel in Kathmandu
What to expect ?
Enjoy the mesmerizing scenery of the biggest and deepest fresh water lake among Nepal’s Himalayas.
We will pick you up in the early morning from your Hotel at Kathmandu. Shortly after that we will drop you to the airport and then we will collect the boarding passes. After that we will board the helicopter and fly our way to Rara Lake.
- All pick up and drop facilities.
- National park fees.
- All taxes.
- Food and Beverages.
Where to meet ?
The Rara Lake Heli Tour is one of the greatest ways to reach and enjoy the mesmerizing scenery of this area. The Rara Lake is the biggest and deepest fresh water lake among Nepal’s Himalayas. It is the main feature of Rara National Park, located in Jumla and Mugu Districts.
This Lake lies at an altitude of 2,990 m (9,810 ft) above sea level, has a water surface of 10.8 km2 (4.2 sq mi), a maximum depth of 167 m (548 ft), is 5.1 km (3.2 mi) long and 2.7 km (1.7 mi) wide. It drains into the Mugu Karnali River via the Nijar River.
It is surrounded by Rara National Park. It has unique floral and fauna importance with rare and vulnerable species. The park was established in 1976 to preserve the beauty of the lake and protect it from sedimentation and adverse human activities. The Park flora consists of 1074 species, of which 16 are endemic to Nepal; the fauna includes 51 species of mammals and 214 species of birds. Our Rara Lake Heli Tour enables you to experience all of these amazing things throughout your journey with us.
The lake holds three endemic fish species: Nepalese snow trout and the Rara snow trout and one endemic frog, Rara Lake frog. Winter visitor water birds such as gadwall, mallard, northern shoveler, common teal, tufted duck, common golden eye, common merganser, common coot, and solitary snipe reside and rest at this lake.