Gokyo Lake Kalapatthar Trekking in the Everest region is a challenging adventure journey. It is an alternative route to Everest Base Camp. Gokyo Peak (5,357m) lies in the Khumbu region in the Himalayas in Nepal. Gokyo Ri (peak) is situated to the west of the Ngozumpa glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal, regarded to be the largest in the entire Himalayas. We start Gokyo trekking from Namche Bazaar, the capital of Sherpa indigenous peoples. The trek passes through the summit of Gokyo Ri where the trekkers can have the best view of five mountains at 8,000m height such as Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga, and Cho-Oyo. We trek to Lobuche along the Khumbu Glacier and Gorak Shep at the base of Kalapatthar. The trek to Everest Base Camp at the bottom of magnificent Khumbu Icefall is around three hours from Gorak Shep.
- Trip Name: Everest Gokyo Kalapattar Trekking
- Trip Code: GOKYO-5YJL7M
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Multi-day Tour,Multi-day Tour,Multi-day Tour
- Activities: TREKKING HOLIDAY
- Experiences: Adventure ,Nature
- Starting Point: Lukla - Everest Base Camp Trekking Route, Chaunrikharka 56000, Nepal
- Ending Point: Lukla - Everest Base Camp Trekking Route, Chaunrikharka 56000, Nepal
What to expect ?
Customers can see panoramic views of Mt.Everest, a different type of Community people will see during your trekking period and can see different customs and cultures. This region is close to Tibet (China).
Day 01. Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02. Full day city sightseeing in Kathmandu city.
Day 03. Fly to Lukla 2840m and trek start to Phakding. 2610mt. 3 – 4 hours walk.
Day 04. Phakding to Namche Bazzar 3440 mt. 5 – 6 hours walk.
Day 05. Namche Bazzar at acclimatization.
Day 06. Namche to Phortse Thanga 3680 mt. 5 – 6 hours walk.
Day 07. Phortse Thanga to Machhermo 4470 mt. 4 – 5 hours walk.
Day 08. Machhermo to Gokyo 4800 mt. 4 – 5 hours walk.
Day 09. Gokyo Valley/ Rest day (acclimatization ) Excursion to Lake, 6 – 7 hours walk.
Day 10. Gokyo to Thagnak 4750 mt. 4 – 5 hours walk.
Day 11. Thagnak to Cho La Pass 5367 mt. to Dzongla 7 – 8 hours walk.
Day 12. Dzongla to Lobuche 4940 mt. 2 – 3 hours walk.
Day 13. Lobuche to Gorak Shep 5170 mt. Excursion to Everest Base Camp 5364 mt. 7 – 7 hours walk.
Day 14. Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar 5545 mt. to Pheriche 7 – 8 hours walk.
Day 15. Pheriche to Namche Bazzar, 6 – 7 hours walk.
Day 16. Namche Bazzar to Lukla, trek end.
Day 17. Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 18. Kathmandu's own activities.
Day 19. Departure transfer to airport onward to flight
- All ground transport,
- Kathmandu city sightseeing,
- City tour guide,
- City entrance fees,
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in twin sharing on bed and breakfast,
- 15 days tea house trekking on bed and breakfast,
- Trekking guide,
- One porter for carry luggage,
- Farewell dinner,
- Insurance for trekking staff,
- TIMS permit,
- National park fees and Government tax
- Personal warm clothes, down jackets, trekking boots, trekking stick, sleeping bag.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Lunch, and dinner while in Kathmandu and trekking period.
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
Our staff will meet you in Kathmandu at your hotel.
Gokyo Lake is in the Everest region. The marvelous view of ice ridge, breathtaking view of the Himalayas and amazing Gokyo valley in the Khumbu region are attractive features of Gokyo trekking.