Imje Tse, called Island Peak, takes its name from its appearance as an island from afar, one set adrift in the sea of ice that is the surrounding Himalayas. It is nestled in the heart of the Khumbu region and, at 6,189m/20,300ft, is considered a moderate challenge for climbers. While Island Peak is used by many to gear up for higher and more precipitous peaks to come after, the climb is, by itself, extraordinarily scenic and endlessly exhilarating! Our professionally-developed climbing itinerary maximizes the sightseeing possibilities (which include Everest Base Camp and the hike to Kala Pathar) while factoring in ample time for acclimatization and a reasonable pace. Your guides will be the ultra-experienced Sherpas, many of whom have scaled Everest more than once. In these capable hands, your Island Peak climb is sure to be one filled with thrills, adventure, and unforgettable memories.
- Trip Name: Island Peak / Imja Tse Peak Climbing
- Trip Code: ISLAND-ISDMFI
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Multi-day Tour,Multi-day Tour,Multi-day Tour,Multi-day Tour
- Activities: PEAK CLIMBING
- Experiences: Nature ,Adventure
- Starting Point: Lukla - Everest Base Camp Trekking Route, Chaunrikharka 56000, Nepal
- Ending Point: Lukla - Everest Base Camp Trekking Route, Chaunrikharka 56000, Nepal
What to expect ?
Our clients will see a very famous airport in Lukla, they will see typical Tibetan people in that region because it is close to Tibet (China). Their living standard is quite different than other regions due to high altitude. Now in Namche Bazaar, you will get all types of facilities like a developed city. Customers will have to follow our guide instruction.
Day 01. Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02. Full day city sightseeing in Kathmandu city and overnight at the hotel.
Day 03. Fly to Lukla and trek start to Phakding. 2610m.
Day 04. Phakding to Namche Bazzar. 3440m.
Day 05. Rest day at Namche Bazzar for acclimatization.
Day 06. Namche Bazzar to Thyangboche 3800m
Day 07. Thyangboche to Dingboche 4300m
Day 08. Dingboche to the small village of Chhukkung
Day 09. Chukkung rest day for acclimatization.
Day 10. Chukkung to Island Peak Base Camp 5000m
Day 11. Base Camp to high camp. 5300m
Day 12. Acclimatization and skill practice at High camp
Day 13. High camp to summit Island Peak 6198 mt. and back to Base camp.
Day 14. Base camp to Dingboche.
Day 15. Dingboche toThyangboche
Day 16. Thyangboche to Namche Bazzar.
Day 17. Namche to Lukla
Day 18. Fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla.
Day 19. Kathmandu's own activities.
Day 20. Departure transfer to airport for onward to flight.
- All ground transport
- Kathmandu city sightseeing
- City tour guide
- City entrance fees
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in twin sharing on bed and breakfast basis
- 13 days complete tea house trekking arrangement on full board
- 3 days camping for climbing on full board with all camping equipment
- Special peak permit, Climbing sherpa' s equipment allowance
- One porter for two member for carry luggage
- TIMS permit, National park fees
- Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu by domestic air fare
- Guide air fare, Rescue charge
- Medical insurance for climbing staff
- Farewell dinner and Government Tax.
- Personal warm clothes, down jackets, trekking boots, personal equipment gear, sleeping bag
- Alcoholic beverages
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
Lukla / Lukla
The island peak climbing itinerary has proper and gradual acclimatization at suitable intervals. The 20 days journey begins from and concludes one of the most famous airstrips in the world, the Lukla Airport in the Everest Region.