The Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking is a relatively easy trekking destination in the Annapurna region that is loaded with exotic landscape and the vistas of the closest northern mountain ranges. The route can make anyone awe stuck with the mesmerizing views of some of the highest and the most beautiful mountains in the world that includes Annapurna South, Machhapuchchhre, Himalchuli among others. The routes in the trek are all inclusive of natural beauties which traverse through remote valleys, ancient villages, scenic trails, forests, etc. The preeminent feature of the tour is marvelous sunrise and sunset views from Poon Hill situated at an altitude of 3210m. Also, from the point, trekkers can observe the entire mountains ranges covered in golden colors as a due cause of light reflection by the early sun’s ray.
The delightful Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking gets a head start from Pokhara with gradual ascend towards Ghorepani, leading up to Ghandruk, a beautiful ethnic village with fabulous views of the Annapurna south peak, and many other cultural and historical places before concluding in Pokhara. The routes on the trek are suited for trekking enthusiasts who want to get acquainted with the mystic beauties of towering mountains along with the most thrilling sunrise and sunset views during their stay in the magical country. With these amazing features, Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking is the dream of every trekking fonder who want to explore the great Himalayas while hiking on scenic trails.
- Enjoy sightseeing tour to various historical/natural/cultural heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Enjoy terrific Pokhara - Kathmandu - Pokhara journey known for mind-blowing sceneries
- Explore around Pokhara, the most beautiful lake city of the country, also known for providing superb mountain views
- Enjoy views of Annapurna, Machhapuchchhre (Fishtail), Dhaulagiri, Himalchuli etc.
- Enjoy the magnificent view of sunrise from the Poon Hill, and sunset from Tadapani
- Pass through gushing rivers, green countryside, alpine meadows, valleys, glaciers etc.
- Get along with ethnic people and their culture
- Board scenic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Witness variety of floras and faunas
What to expect ?
Meander through the beautiful ethnic villages of Annapurna Region, invigorating through some rhododendron forests, feel the Himalayan Panorama while getting the opportunities to get close to the local Culture. Poon Hill offers you the striking panorama of huge Himalayas including Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna II, III, and IV, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Gangapurna, and Manaslu ranges among few others.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide and necessary porters (1 Porter for 2 trekkers) during the trek including their transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charges
- Farewell dinner in Authentic Nepali Restaurant.
- First Aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- Airport pick up / drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Guided Kathmandu city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu by tourist bus. (Private car or Flight option available)
- Pokhara - Nayapul - Pokhara by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in Pokhara including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Annapurna Conservation area entrance Permit and fees.
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping are expected but not mandatory)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- Monuments entrance fees while sightseeing in Kathmandu
- International airfare and travel insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
When to go:
Spring (Feb - May) and Autumn (Sept- Dec) are the best seasons for the Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking. The weather is sunny and warm offering outstanding views but the nights are cold and can fall to freezing in higher elevations. Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also good for Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking, only issue is cold (obviously). Trekking in summer/monsoon (June, July) will be affected by rain but summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist. The trekking routes are crowded during spring and autumn but during monsoon and winter the routes are not packed and you could enjoy rather best of nature.
Travel insurance is highly recommended and is in fact compulsory should you be going trekking, rafting, paragliding etc. We require that, at a minimum, you are covered for personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue, loss of luggage, etc. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. Please check with your insurance company that adventure activities and trekking above 3000m are covered in your policy, as some companies do not cover such things. You must carry proof of insurance (e.g. your insurance certificate) with you on the holiday; if you cannot provide this at the start of the holiday, you will be required to take out a suitable policy at that time.
Fitness and Experience Required:
Our 10 days Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking is moderate trek suitable for passionate walkers who have ability to walk at least 5-6 hours a day with a light day pack. Walking in higher altitude is physically demanding than walking in the lower altitudes; however, if you are in excellent health with average physical fitness and have positive attitude, self confidence and strong determination, you can accomplish the 10 days Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking successfully. Exercising and jogging regularly for some weeks prior of the trip is good idea to enhance your strength and stability. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood disease should inform us before booking the trek.