Taste your way through Gibbston Valley wines on a wine tour from Queenstown that includes tastings at three or four wineries. Sampling a minimum of 18 Gibbston Valley wines ensures you a great overview of local flavors, and round-trip transport from central Queenstown means you can enjoy each tasting without worrying about driving at the end of the day.
What to expect ?
Kick the day off in style with Altitude Tours. One of our fun and knowledgable guides will pick you up in one of our luxury vehicles from outside your accommodation or central Queenstown (between 10 and 10.30 am depending on location).
Enjoy a scenic journey along the edge of Lake Wakatipu, over the Shotover River, past Lake Hayes and out to the Gibbston Region where we stop out our first location- Gibbston Valley Winery.
Taste delicious, premium wines at 4 cellar doors after Gibbston Valley and devour an amazing lunch at one of these locations (lunch at your expense). Enjoy a quick stop and some amazing photo opportunities at a secret location before making our way back into Queenstown to return to your accommodation or central Queenstown.
- Pickup from Central Queenstown or Queenstown hotel
- Visit 4 wineries including the famous Gibbston Valley Wine Cave
- Lunch at a premium location (lunch not included in this tour)
- Return to Queenstown about 3:15 pm to enjoy the rest of the day
- 20+ tastings
- Onboard wifi/water bottles
- Hotel pickup/dropoff
Where to meet ?
We will provide you meeting location after reservation is confirmed.
- Pick up from central Queenstown (outside The Station on Camp street) or from your Queenstown hotel
- 10 am
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
What's included in the Wine Sampler Tour:
- Wine tastings at 3-4 cellar doors
- Guided tour of New Zealand's largest underground wine cave
- Optional lunch at a premier cellar door (at your expense)
- Complimentary bottled water
- Complimentary Queenstown hotel transfers
- Lunch at a premier cellar door is at your expense