Get the best views of the bay with panoramic views from the sky.
This scenic flight takes you around the region of Tauranga. This includes our iconic Mount Maunganui (mauao), a view of the inner harbour from the Bowentown Heads of Waihi to Matapihi, see the vast expansion of the city with industrial and residential builds, the historical remains of Maori Pa sites, and even marine life can often be seen during the summer months.
This flight provides a blend of different landscapes with white sand surf beaches, kiwifruit and avocado orchards, the valleys carved out of the rolling hills and our bustling city centre.
All of this with an unbelievable backdrop of the open ocean, isolated islands and coastal peninsulas, combined together to provide you with the most amazing photo opportunities.
- Fly over the beautiful Tauranga Harbour
- Lookout for sharks and stingrays in the shallows
- Amazing views from every seat
- Kiwifruit and Avocado Orchards
- Experienced and knowledgeable Pilot
- Trip Name: Papamoa Hills
- Trip Code: TL-448-304
- Country: New Zealand
- Type: Live Guide Tour
- Activities: Helicopter Tour,Air & Helicopter Tours
- Starting Point: Hanger 5, Tauranga Airport, Jean Batten Dr, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116
- Ending Point: Hanger 5, Tauranga Airport, Jean Batten Dr, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116
What to expect ?
Views around the region of Tauranga and coastline
Historical remains of Maori pa sites
Marine life can be seen in the summer months
Scenic flight in a helicopter
Sign in at Aerius hanger for an informative safety briefing
A 20-minute scenic flight around Tauranga
Return to the Aerius hanger.
- Scenic Flight
- Safety Briefing
- Live commentary on board
- Headsets to hear the guide
Please check in at the Aerius Hanger 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
Don't forget your camera for photo opportunities