See condors flying in their natural habitat on a full-day tour of the Colca Canyon from Arequipa. Get breathtaking views of mountains and volcanoes, look for wildlife in the Pampa Cañahuas national reserve and more.
- A journey to Peru is not complete without visiting Arequipa, the beautiful white city of Peru, and getting the chance to see the amazing condor soaring through the sky in its native habitat of Colca Canyon.
- Much of the architecture in Arequipa is made of a white volcanic stone, Sillar, hence its nickname of the white city.
- This gorgeous city combines tradition and modernity in peaceful harmony while providing the gateway to the tradition and breathtaking scenery of Colca Canyon.
What to expect ?
- Visit the most amazing sights in the Colca Valley
- See the giant condor vultures
- Enjoy amazing landscapes and sights
Pickup from your accommodation in Arequipa around 03:00am to start our journey to one of the deepest canyons in the world, taking the Yura road, bordering the Chachani mountain towards Pampa Cañahuas (Aguada Blanca and Salinas National Reserve) ) habitat of the beautiful South American camelids, the vicuñas.
Approximately, at 6:00 a.m. we will arrive at the town of Chivay; where we will enjoy our breakfast and then we will continue our drive for about 1 hour to arrive at Mirador de la Cruz del Cóndor, strategic point of observation of the Canyon and the spectacular flight of the Condor.
On return we will stop in the villages of Pinchollo, Maca and Yanque that have beautiful colonial churches. From the viewpoints of Choquetico and Antahuilque we will observe the impressive andenería of the valley, the pre-Inca tombs and a pre-Inca model of the area carved in stone.
We will return to the town of Chivay for lunch and to rest walking through the little streets.
We will have the opportunity to enjoy the thermal baths in La Calera (optional) whose thermos medicinal waters oscillate between 35º to 38º (degrees Celsius) of temperature in which we will stay approximately 1 hour, we return to the town of Chivay .
At 2:00 pm we will start our drive back to Arequipa, along the way we will visit the highest point between the Colca Canyon and Arequipa: Patapampa (4800m), from this place we can see the volcanic mountain range.
We will be back to our accommodation in Arequipa around 5pm
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fee to Colca Canyon
- Breakfast and lunch in Chivay
- Round trip transportation from Arequipa to Colca Canyon
- Entrances to the hotsprings
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please remember to bring your original document.
- The baggage allowance is 5 kg/11pounds for baggage, additional baggage can be stored at hotel in Arequipa