Explore tunnels, war exhibits and related artifacts at Penang War Museum with dark past, and visit Suffolk House, Malaysia's only surviving Georgian Mansion.
- Visit Penang War Museum, the largest war museum in Southeast Asia built by the British in 1930s
- Visit Suffolk House, a stunning Anglo-Indian garden house and Malaysia's only surviving Georgian Mansion built in the early 1800s by the found of Penang Island
- Trip Name: Private Penang War Museum And Suffolk House
- Trip Code: PRIVATE-FKQC8Q
- Country: Malaysia
- Type: Private Tour,Escorted Tour
- Activities: MUSEUM VISITS ,CULTURE & HISTORY TOURS
- Starting Point: Penang Island
- Ending Point: Penang Island
- Multi-Language Guide: Hindi,English,German,Chinese,Italian,Japanese,French
What to expect ?
Penang War Museum and Suffolk House
Visit the Penang War Museum, built in the 1930's by the British army to protect the island against the enemy. This fortress, one of the largest in the region was constructed over 20 acres of land, complete with underground military tunnels and ventilation shafts, ammunition bunkers, logistic centre, cannon firing bays, sleeping quarters, cook house and medical infirmary. The next nostalgic attraction is Suffolk House, built by Captain Francis Light, founder of Penang Island in the late 1700s. The Suffolk House stands as one of the oldest original surviving model of the Anglo-Indian mansion architecture. Surrounded by an expanse of garden compound, the house is sited right beside the Air Itam River.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- English speaking driver cum guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Pickup from the hotels in Penang Island and drop off at the original departure point
- You must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time