If you want add some exhilaration to the Inca Trail then opt for this 4-day jungle adventure from Cusco, which includes adventure sports such as white-water rafting, mountain biking, and ziplining. Amid the breathtaking landscapes of the Andes mountains, you’ll hike to mountain summits, observe native flora and fauna, and visit Machu Picchu, UNESCO World Heritage Site and New7Wonder of the World, at sunrise. Most meals, accommodation, activities, and hotel pickup and drop-off in Cusco are included.
All Necessary Equipment Included.
Includes Free Admission to Top Local Attractions.
- Trip Name: Inca Jungle Tour To Machu Picchu 3d 2n Special Offer
- Trip Code: TL-768-269
- Country: Peru
- Type: Group Tour
- Activities: Nature & Adventure
- Starting Point: Plaza de armas Cusco
- Ending Point: Regocijo Plazoleta in front of Choco Museo, 08000, Perú
What to expect ?
The Inka Jungle Trek is the preferred tour for all people from all over the world who come to Cusco in search of adventure and extreme sports. As a Tour Operator in Cusco we offer a specialized service, with an exclusive route, qualified guides (fluent in English, and with vast local knowledge), high quality downhill mountain bikes, and the safest options for rafting and ziplining. We recommend our clients to reserve their tour in advance in order to confirm all their activities and avoid unnecessary risks such as unavailability of equipment, access to Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu, or even worse be stranded in Aguas Calientes without a return train ticket.
Day 1:CUSCO – SANTA TERESA (BIKING and RAFTING OPTIONAL).
After a breakfast with the group we go to our starting point by bus. From this starting point, the mountain Abra Malaga, we will descend for 3 hours by bike. During this downhill challenge we will pass stunning views and picturesque villages. After an excellent lunch, those who have reserved will start the rafting adventure, encountering a.o. rapids class III and IV. After this activity we take a bus to the Santa Teresa Town. We will have a break and later the group will continue walking for 40 min. until reaching the town of Santa Teresa, where we will have dinner and sleep at a hostel with basic services.
Day 2: SANTA TERESA (ZIPLINE OPTIONAL) – AGUAS CALIENTES.
After we begin the day with a good breakfast, we will continue exploring the roads less travelled. We will start at the town of Santa Teresa. The passengers that reserved in advance will go ziplining (later they will be taken by bus to the hydroelectric), the rest of the group will continue hiking for approx. 3 hr. until reaching the hydroelectric too, where the whole group will gather. Here we will have a great lunch. After a break, the journey will continue along the path for 3 hr., going through waterfalls, coca and coffee farms until arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes. The group will be taken to the hostel around 4 pm. At night we will all get together in a restaurant to have a great dinner and have a briefing about the trek to Machu Picchu.
Day 3: Aguas Calientes - Citadela Inca of Machu Picchu - Cusco
This time we will get up around 4:00am to have breakfast and leave at 4:30am, heading toward the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, walking approximately 1 hour and a half. The goal is to see the sunrise from the Inca site and be the first to arrive. Then we will take in the beautiful Machu Picchu with our professional guide, finishing the tour with some free time for you to explore. After visiting Machu Picchu, at about 11:00am we return by walking (2 hours) to the Hydroelectric where our bus (15:00pm) waits to return to the city of Cusco, arriving around 9:00pm.
- Briefing the night before your tour.
- Hotel pick-up.
- Transportation from Cusco – Abra Málaga.
- Bicycles with full suspension, safety helmets and gloves.
- A private, professional English/Spanish speaking guide.
- Meals as indicated in the program: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 1 snack on the last day.
- Vegetarian meal options without additional costs (vegan $ 20).
- 1 Night in a local house with basic service (shared room).
- 1 Night of hostel lodging (private bathrooms and hot water).
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Transportation from Hydroelectric - Cusco.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance Fees.
- The bus to/from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu ($24).
- Rafting & zip lining (30$ per activity).
- Train from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo ($90).
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu ($30).
- Hot Springs Cocalmayo ($30).
- The lunch and dinner during the last day.
- Tips for the guide.
- Fee to cross the Urubamba river.
We suggest bringing:
- Strong Walking Shoes or Tennis Shoes.
- Sweater and Thick Jacket.
- One Bottle of Water.
- Hat or Cap.
- Rain Coat/Pancho.
- Long Sleeve Shirt.
- Long and Short Pants.
- Insect Repellent.
- Sunblock with a UV Factor of at Least 40.